Need help on testing freeradius (problems with radclient)...

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 21 13:36:39 CET 2011

artaxerxe wrote:
> No. I have installed the client and server on the same machine.
> As a summary:
> My FR version:
>
>> /sbin/radiusd -v
> radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12, for host i686-pc-linux-gnu, built on Nov

  OK... that's 2.1.12.

> required library when I make the test:
>
>> radtest "John Doe" hello 127.0.0.1 0 radiussecret
> /usr/local/bin/radclient: error while loading shared libraries:
> libfreeradius-radius-2.2.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory

  Which is 2.2.0.  So you have SOMEHOW managed to get radclient from
2.2.0, while installing everything else from 2.1.12.

  This does NOT happen on the default install.  It does NOT happen for
other peoples systems.  It is something YOU did.

> So, as you can see, the libraries version is 2.1.12, the FR version is
> 2.1.12, but the required libraries version is 2.2.0.

  Delete the radclient binary, and re-install.

  But really, this isn't a RADIUS problem.  This is a system
administration problem.