new rlm_sql connection pool logic

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Oct 17 22:17:53 CEST 2011

On 17 Oct 2011, at 22:11, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>> The next thing is to limit the number of connections to one if there
>>> are no threads.  It makes no sense to open a dozen connections when the
>>> server is running in debugging mode.
>>
>> Well, you know, except for debugging ?
>
> $ radiusd -xxx ...
>
>  Debugging, with threads.
>
> $ radiusd -X ...
>
>  Debugging, without threads.
>
>  Does it make sense to open 5 DB connections when there's only one thread?

I'm not sure I really see the harm in it. It's been drilled into people that to find problems they should run the server in debugging mode. If the issue they're having only occurs when multiple connections are used it'll be confusing.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !