Fast session resumption segfault

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 19 10:47:18 CEST 2011

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Ok, valgrind seems to be catching lots of:

  Weird.  I don't recall seeing that on my runs with valgrind.

> ...for me. I'm not very familiar with valgrind, but from what I can see,
> the 1st call stack is reading memory (the cached VALUE_PAIR* stuff I
> guess) that was freed at the location given in the 2nd call stack.

  Yes.

> Any suggestions for more magical incantations?

$ git pull

  :)

  The issue is that the cached VPs were being free'd too early.  They
should be freed only when SSL does the "free session" callback.  The bug
was that they were being free'd when the EAP "success" was being sent back.

  With session caching, those VPs should stick around until OpenSSL
thinks that the session is free'd.  There's a callback just for that, too.

  The code is fixed in "master", and a related memory leak is closed in
the v2.1.x branch.