systemd and FreeRADIUS

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 10:45:39 CEST 2011

On 10/28/2011 08:12 AM, Stefan Winter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (switching to devel)
>
> (for the benefit of those who don't have the FC16 file at hand, original
> is attached)
>
> ah, that looks like a good start already. Some things of interest maybe:

Couple of throw-away thoughts on systemd:

  1. Does systemd have any native support for "multi-instance" stuff
i.e. init scripts that start N processes, for N config files in a
central location? We use a local, custom init script to run several
radius processes to isolate potential (thankfully rare!) failures (e.g.
our wireless/802.1x server going down is bad, but our wired/macauth
server going down is a four-alarm disaster, so we keep them in separate
processes)

  2. Aren't processes meant to be started in foreground and log to
stdout/stderr?

  3. It's not clear to me that any of the socket activation stuff makes
sense for a radius server?