FreeRADIUS can't make progress under certain load

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Sep 11 10:58:41 CEST 2011

rihad wrote:
> We're using preprocess, rlm_perl (for AAA),

  I think it's abundantly clear you don't understand what you're doing.

  Perl doesn't do AAA.  Perl is a programming language.

  What I *suspect* you're doing is using Perl to connect to a DB.
(Notice how I keep mentioning DB, and you keep ignoring it?  Maybe it's
important!)

  Your Perl script is breaking the server.  Fix it.

  Any competent person should be able to make a 12 core system handle
more than 50 request per second.  FreeRADIUS was getting 100+ requests/s
with MySQL over a decade ago.