BNG(BRAS) + free radius

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Aug 1 09:48:34 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:34 PM, karthik kumar <mail2karthek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used free radius for authentication purpose

Authentication for what? wireless AP?

> When many internet users try to connect to isp router the free radius
> connected to the ppoe server should authenticate all the users in the
> client.

Meaning what, exactly?

If you mean "check client's user/password, and if it's correct send
access-accept", then that's what radius does, nothing special there.

>  What are the configuration changes need to be applied in the free
> radius.

Generally speaking, radius (ANY radius) doesn't really care what
device acts as NAS. It can be wireless AP, pppoe/pptp server, BRAS,
GGSN, whatever. If they can use the same authentication mechanism
(e.g. PAP, MSCHAPv2, EAP-PEAP-MSCHAPv2) then the radius-side setup is
the same no matter what the NAS is.

--
Fajar