Inconsistent behaviour with duplicate dictionary entries

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Thu Aug 2 12:42:05 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 01, 2012 at 03:59:39PM -0700, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Brian Candler wrote:
> > Anyway, this suggests to me that there may be two different code paths for
> > looking up attribute numbers to names; maybe they could be unified?
>
>   There's only one... dict_attrbyvalue().  It gets the name by looking
> up an attribute by value.
>
>   If you put the name in a file for input into "radtest", that name is
> used when printing the attribute.  After all, it's the name you told it
> to use.

In fact it was a reply attribute from the server, but I now understand what
you mean.  If mysql updates the reply packet with

     'Foo-Attribute', ':=', 'bar'

then then freeradius -X always shows Foo-Attribute because this is the
content of vp->name prior to encoding the packet.

Once it has been encoded, sent over the wire and decoded by radclient,
radclient will show the preferred dictionary name for that particular
attribute.

Thanks,

Brian.