FreeRADIUS 2.2.0 feature query

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Dec 6 11:22:52 CET 2012

Hi,

> Not in default configs, just add cache = no.

...ah yes. i wasnt going mad. just downloaded the 2.2.0 thats on the download page et voila...the code
is there.  our 2.2.0 the code isnt there - i'm guessing we either got the download early (and its been replaced
since) or we've using a copy sent in advance.  oh well.....will look at using that new feature now ! :-)

> Yeah commercial pressure vs doing the right thing :) i.e. they were backported to 2.x.x because they were needed for something, but one letter expansions are dumb (and unescaped?) and will be removed in 3.0.0 (some already have been). I think were going to replace the time ones with a strftime expansion using one of the platform independent libraries that are floating around.

okay. thanks for clarification - will need to prepare for such changes....

alan