boilermake not quite right still

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Dec 6 20:48:12 CET 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 05:27:04PM +0000, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> On 6 Dec 2012, at 12:55, Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at LBORO.AC.UK> wrote:
> > # radiusd -fxx -l stdout
> > radiusd: error while loading shared libraries: build/lib/.libs/rlm_acctlog.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> > file or directory
>
> Could you try editing this file:
> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/src/main/radiusd.mk#L15
>
> And removing "$(filter rlm_%,${ALL_TGTS})"

That's great - it fixes the issue on Debian for installed files.

However, to run it from the build/bin/ directory you still have to
do

  $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=build/lib/.libs/ build/bin/radiusd -X

as libfreeradius-radius.so and libfreeradius-eap.so are not found.

Not sure if that's fixable? Obviously when installed they will be
in a known location, but not when in the build dir.

Having written that, I've just noticed you can do

  $ build/bin/local/radiusd -X

which *does* work fine - maybe that's the solution for now?

Cheers

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>