eDir Universal password implementation.

Olivier Beytrison olivier at heliosnet.org
Fri Dec 7 17:31:08 CET 2012

On 07.12.2012 17:12, Olivier Beytrison wrote:
> I've grabbed a fresh copy. Added @edir@ in all.mk.in for rlm_ldap
> Everything compiles fine. Server starts. rlm_ldap loads correctly.
>
> But The server fails to retrieve the universal password! Error code is
> -1633 (buf_overflow)
>
> Problem comes from edir.c:220. is MAX_STRING_LEN available ? I need to
> gdb this to see the size of buffer ... but weird

alright

(gdb) p bufsize
$5 = 256
(gdb) p MAX_STRING_LEN
No symbol "MAX_STRING_LEN" in current context.
(gdb) n
220             if (bufsize >= MAX_STRING_LEN) {
(gdb) n
221                     err = NMAS_E_BUFFER_OVERFLOW;

bufsize=256 is weird, in this case my password is 14 char long.

--

 Olivier Beytrison
 Network & Security Engineer, HES-SO Fribourg
 Mail: olivier at heliosnet.org