new configure flag for freeradius-client

Jonh Wendell jonh.wendell at vexcorp.com
Wed Jan 4 17:56:04 CET 2012

hello, folks.

yesterday I experienced an issue while compiling freeradius-client.
thankfully, it was a known one, a bit old one btw:
http://lists.cistron.nl/pipermail/freeradius-devel/2008-September/012581.html
so, I cloned the alan's github repo and created a new configure flag, which
allows the user to choose what implementation of gethostby[addr,name] to
use.

it worked for me, and solved my problem. I'm not sure if it's the best
approach to fix the issue, though. as I'm new in this software, maybe you
guys have a better solution. I want to hear from you. the code is here:
https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-client/pull/3

btw: forking and doing pull requests on github is the right way of
proposing patches?

thanks for your attention,
--
Jonh Wendell