New build system in "master" branch

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 24 11:41:06 CET 2012

  OK... I've pushed some fixes.

  There might still be build errors if you don't have headers/libraries
installed.  e.g. rlm_python, rlm_perl, etc.  The short-term solution is
just:

$ rm src/modules/rlm_python/all.mk

  etc.

  The issue is that the new build isn't integrated with the "configure"
system.  I'll fix that at some point.

  But it now works for me on Mac && Linux.  "make install" should work,
too, with full dependency checking:

$ make R=~/fr install

$ touch src/lib/dict.c
$ make R=~/fr install
CC src/lib/dict.c
INSTALL libfreeradius-radius.la
INSTALL radeapclient
INSTALL smbencrypt
INSTALL radclient
INSTALL radiusd

  I don't normally type "make install" when I'm doing development.  This
is because the previous build system took ~20s to do a re-build and
re-install of everything.  The new system tracks dependencies across
source -> object -> installation.  So it's MUCH better, and MUCH faster.

  It's not enabled by default, because there are still some bugs to be
worked out.  But I'll be using it for all future development.