New Developer Intro / Help with building RPM

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 27 18:57:32 CEST 2012

On 27/03/12 17:44, Jason Rohm wrote:

> I'd like some assistance in the form of a cheat sheet, wiki, or whatever
> you have to point me in the right direction. The current output of my
> 'rpmbuild' is attached below my signature.

We use a radically different .spec file locally, but at a first guess,
try commenting out the line:

%patch1 -p1 -b .cert-config

The patch doesn't seem to do much that is useful, and can be safely ignored.

TBH this doesn't really sound like a FreeRADIUS issue; building RPMs is
(or rather, can be) quite an involved and time-consuming task,
particularly if you want it to build from a clean buildroot, and you
want XX-devel-specific sub-packages.