LDAP module

Alister Winfield alister at ticklers.org
Wed May 2 17:45:20 CEST 2012

Sometimes you just don't want to hard code the DN.... normally its when you have a reasonably large set of possible DNs to choose from especially if there isn't the appetite to remap/rebuild the structure of the LDAP directory to conform to a RADIUS friendly way of structuring things. Also its a really easy to filter out users based on attributes of their entry in the directory. eg a filter like ((cn=%user%) (status=active) (class=radiususer)) isn't an unusual thing to consider having.