LDAP module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri May 4 09:24:27 CEST 2012

Peter Nixon wrote:
> I agree that RFC defined behaviour is better, but given that
> FreeRADIUS is shipped as a part of OES (SLES + eDir + other stuff) it
> mightn't be a bad idea at least reaching out to Novell on this.
> (Possibly it should be a different module, or just the old module with
> a different name?)

  I'm OK with it being the same module.  The eDir code is actually
pretty similar to what's already there.  What kills me is that it was a
complete butcher job of "cut and paste".  No common abstraction, no
re-use of code, etc.

  I think with the new framework, adding eDir support should be rather a
lot simpler.