New LDAP module in "master"

Peter Lambrechtsen peter at crypt.co.nz
Tue Nov 13 21:02:43 CET 2012

Alan

We use the eDir module within FreeRadius quite heavily so wouldn't want to
loose that functionality.

If you have a RHEL (or Centos), SLES or Solaris instance then it's pretty
straight forward how to test if the eDirectory Universal Password
functionality is functional or not.  You can easily download eDirectory
from download.novell.com and I can help with the few steps required to get
a working instance after that.

the ldap.attrmap is also quite useful externalised as a separate file
rather than being part of the specific LDAP module configuration.  In our
case we run multiple instances of the LDAP Module depending on the path you
took to get to the FreeRadius instance.  Some of these paths have the same
LDAP -> VSA Attribute mapping but have different LDAP Servers and Base
DN/Filters we search on, others have slightly different ones.  So we
reference the same ldap.attrmap against different module instances.
Not a biggie either way as we would just duplicate the mapping across the
different instances, but I can see the rationale from having everything
inside the single module configuration file.

Feel free to email me off list if you wanted further details about how to
make eDir go.

Cheers

Peter