--with-MODULE vs. --with-experimental-modules

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Wed Nov 14 15:36:20 CET 2012

On 14 Nov 2012, at 13:51, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at IMPERIAL.AC.UK> wrote:

> AFAICT, --with-module doesn't do anything; you have to supply --with-experimental-modules to let non-stable modules build, and that pulls all of them in.
>
> Am I missing something? How might I, for example, compile the server with all stable modules plus rlm_redis?

Nope. That's weird. It's not obvious from git blame how this was ever meant to work.

There's no reason for it to rediscover the module names, it should just use the value of $MODULES and test each of the specified module directories for a configure script.

There's a good reason for having both $MODULES and $mysubdirs but AFAICT $mysubdirs should always be a subset of $MODULES.

I'm going to push a fix, and if Alan has any insight he's welcome to revert it/correct it.

-Arran