building trouble

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Oct 3 06:52:26 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM, alan buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>   I've removed libtool from the build.  It's a horrible piece of software.
>>
>>   It looks like your libtool doesn't want to build libraries.  That's
>> partly why I removed libtool.  It causes as many problems as it solves.
>>
>>   I've seen that error before, and there is a solution.  But I don't
>> recall what it is.  And quite frankly, I don't care.  I've spent too
>> many years fighting libtool for me to feel nice about it.
>>
>>   My guess is that ran configure with "--with-system-libtool".  Don't do
>> that.  Then, it should work.
>
> my config line is:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-large-files --with-raddbdir=/etc/raddb --with-snmp --with-experimental-modules --enable-developer
>

> I have added the --without-system-libtool (as --with-system-libtool=no doesnt work)
>
> but it nows fails with:
>

> LINK rlm_cram.la rlm_cram.lo
> Making all in src/modules/rlm_dbm...
> CC rlm_dbm.c
> LINK rlm_dbm.la rlm_dbm.lo
> CC rlm_dbm_parser.c
> gmake[6]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/src/freeradius-server/src/lib/libfreeradius-radius.la', needed by `rlm_dbm_parser'.  Stop.
> gmake[5]: *** [rlm_dbm] Error 2
> gmake[4]: *** [all] Error 2
> gmake[3]: *** [modules] Error 2
> gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> gmake[1]: *** [src] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Works for me.

In my case I'm testing a package build with this configure line:

./configure --with-udpfromto --enable-developer --config-cache
--enable-strict-dependencies --without-rlm_eap_ikev2
--without-rlm_eap_tnc --without-rlm_opendirectory
--with-experimental-modules --without-rlm_redis --without-rlm_rediswho
--without-rlm_ruby --without-rlm_sql_firebird
--without-rlm_sql_unixodbc --without-rlm_sql_oracle
--without-rlm_sql_db2

Othe than the ones specifically excluded, the other modules (including
rlm_dbm) was successfully built.

On a side note, what does "--with-edir" do? ./configure --help doesn't
show anything for that.

--
Fajar