EAP-AKA with freeradius

Simon Bryden sbryden at fortinet.com
Mon Apr 29 17:22:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to get this to work and after having read everything I can
find on the subject I have the following setup:

freeradius 2.2.0 with libeap.so compiled from hostapd v0.6. EAP type
aka, and hlr_auc_gw to provide milenage data.

I am at the stage where I am getting a request from freeradius into
libeap.so which then outputs the error "EAP-AKA: eap_sim_db not
configured" which is presumably coming from eap_aka_init():

     if (sm->eap_sim_db_priv == NULL) {
         wpa_printf(MSG_WARNING, "EAP-AKA: eap_sim_db not configured");
         return NULL;
     }

Presumably there is some initialisation which is not happening, and my
main question is whether this configuration is supported by the
freeradius eap2 wrapper - most information that I have seen on
freeradius + EAP refers to other EAP methods, not AKA.

All configs available on request.

Thanks for any info,
Regards,
Simon.
---

***  Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential
and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of
the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy this e-mail
and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.
Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect
the views of Fortinet, Inc., its affiliates, and emails are not binding on
Fortinet and only a writing manually signed by Fortinet's General Counsel can be
a binding commitment of Fortinet to Fortinet's customers or partners. Thank you. ***