rlm_exec and quoted strings?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Feb 9 14:19:48 CET 2013

Brian Candler wrote:
> I think it should strip the outer quotes, but as this is a behaviour change
> I wonder if anyone could be relying on the old behaviour? Does this need
> to be made configurable with a flag?

  I'd be inclined to just strip the quotes.  There are too many
configurable switches already.

  For example, I pushed a change which removes the
"require_message_authenticator" flag from the proxy config.  Git
"master" now *always* has a Message-Authenticator in proxied
Access-Requests.

> Some code which implements this change and also factors out the argv
> splitting into rad_expand_xlat() is at
> https://github.com/candlerb/freeradius-server/commits/candlerb/expand_xlat
> (for v2.x.x)

  I'll take a look.

> The reason for looking at this is to be able to share the argv splitting
> code with rlm_redis, e.g.  %{redis:LPUSH 'my key' %{User-Name}} where
> User-Name may also contain spaces.

  Seems good to me.