It's GCC

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Feb 20 20:13:35 CET 2013

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Partly my own stupidity, but I wonder if it's an idea to make the server
> only load modules built from the same source - maybe embed the git
> rev/release version number into the module and check it at dynload time?

  Maybe.  It's necessary only for debug builds.

  And it will be hard.  You may end up doing 3-4 commits which have
minimal effect, and you still want to link against the recently built
modules.  And you don't want to re-build the modules after every commit.

  By and large... I always run the server from the build tree.  I rarely
install it.  That makes it easier to force particular modules,
dictionaries. etc.