Travis

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Feb 26 19:35:20 CET 2013

On 26 Feb 2013, at 12:49, Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:20:17PM -0500, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>> Anyway Travis just caught its first pull request build failure :D
>>
>> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/pull/193
>
> Oops, that was me :-) I pushed before a successful local build.
>
> I was having more fundamental problems building master:

> checking type of OS... Darwin
> checking for developer gcc flags... yes.  Using -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -W -Wredundant-decls -Wundef -Wformat-y2k -Wno-format-extra-args -Wno-format-zero-length  -Wformat-nonliteral -Wformat-security -Wformat=2
> checking for TLS... no
> checking for lt_dladvise_init... no
> checking for talloc.h... no
> configure: WARNING: talloc headers not found. Use --with-talloc-include-dir=<path>.
> configure: error: FreeRADIUS requires libtalloc
>
> I thought I'd read that FreeRADIUS was going to be bundled with its own
> talloc, but it appears I was wrong.
>
> Anyway, I've just installed talloc from homebrew now.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.
>
> P.S. Does the continuous-integration stuff include experimental modules,
> like rlm_redis{,who} which are not in src/modules/stable?

It does. All git checkouts build in developer mode, all developer mode builds enable the experimental modules by default.

As for talloc, yes it probably will still be bundled, but just to get things working we added it as an external dependency.

Packaged talloc seems to work fine on the systems we've tested, so for now just:

sudo apt-get install libtalloc-dev
sudo yum install libtalloc-devel
brew install talloc

The plan is for CI builds to build as much as possible, hence the request for the SecurID libraries. I guess we'll have to get oracle instaclient from somewhere as well, and I shudder to think what the mssql client requires, probably sacrificial chickens and puppie dogs.

-Arran