Proxy "status"

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 13:38:28 CET 2013

On 07/01/13 23:47, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Alan DeKok wrote:
>>    I could go poke command.c so that it *reports* "alive" if the state is
>> "unknown" AND if the "last packet" was within the last 30 seconds.
>
>    Done.  It uses the "last received packet + ping_interval" to determine
> if the home server is alive.

I think stats.c needs something similar, but I'm not sure how that would
work; some of the stats are only returned if state==alive, but AFACIT
this is never true for any length of time - sub-second? Zero?

FWIW we're using the per-home-server stats for Nagios probes. Absent
that, we can't tell if it's up or not.

Is "unknown" a bit of misnomer? "idle" maybe?