Patch for updated EAP-TNC support for freeradius from tnc at fhh

Avesh Agarwal avesh.ncsu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:51:20 CEST 2013

Hello Aaron,

Thanks for your response.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 4:19 PM, Arran Cudbard-Bell <
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

> > > I really appreciate your help on this.
> > > The code you submitted leaked opaque data, which i've fixed.
> > >
> > > I'm concerned about the call to storeUserName, and getConnection,
> there's no where where the connection is explicitly destroyed, so I don't
> see how memory passed to those functions or allocated by those functions is
> ever freed. I guess there must be some magic GC/reference counting i'm
> missing?
>
> Still concerned about this . Can you explain how this memory gets freed?

This memory gets freed in the call to "terminate" in the detach. Inside
that it calls destructor to free objects associated with the connection id.

> --
>
> OK going through and cleaning up the eap_types.h file, your declared
> EAP-TNC to be type 38? IANA has type 38 to be HTTP-Digest. You need to
> request a number from IANA for EAP-TNC.

I looked at the IANA website

http://www.iana.org/assignments/eap-numbers/eap-numbers.xhtml

And it assigns 54 for EAP TNC.

I would also appreciate if you could look into the EAP TTLS modifications
and if they can be available as part of FR3.0.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Avesh

-Arran