Build ideas

stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk stefan.paetow at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Jul 25 17:07:53 CEST 2013

> I could be wrong but I didn't see headers, make files, etc. in the
> freeradius centos rpm.

Correct, because, as John Dennis from RedHat and others have pointed out, earlier versions of FreeRADIUS were not multilib-safe to provide that on CentOS 6 (which is based on RedHat Enterprise Linux, but you know that already).

However, John is changing this with FreeRADIUS 3.0 (there's a pretty freeradius-devel package that will be available, which will include the necessary bits).

So you're going to have to wait for FR 3.0 and its associated packages for RHEL/CentOS7 or Fedora 20. I'm following John's work on this closely because I will require FR 3.0 on CentOS 6.4 myself.

> The one idea I had was to compile the module during our install process
> using the rpm installed freeradius.

Once freeradius-devel is available, you probably can get your install process to install it, do your build, and after successful compilation, uninstall freeradius-devel again.

You'll just have to be patient. If you don't want to wait, you don't have a choice and the tarball it is.

Stefan