Changes in v3

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon May 6 15:29:41 CEST 2013

  I'm in the process of pushing back some major changes to v3.  It
involves removing the 253-byte limit on the internal representation for
attributes (i.e. VALUE_PAIRs).

  The changes were much less than I thought.  They took only a day or so
once I decided which approach to take.  They also required "talloc",
which explains why the change wasn't done up until now.

  The server can now support RFC 6929 "extended" attributes, without any
pre-defined limitation on length.  i.e. 4K certificates, etc.

  I'm in the process of sweeping through the code, and removing the rest
of the length limitations.  e.g. EAP-Message encoding / decoding, etc.

  As a bonus, the server can now represent *255* character DHCP options,
which it couldn't do before.  Arran and I are working on true support
for nested TLVs.

  At that point, turning FreeRADIUS into a Diameter server isn't that
hard. :)