PEAP/EAP-MSCHAPv2 module modification problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu May 23 14:59:09 CEST 2013

Ivan Ostres wrote:
> I am using PEAP-EAP-MSCHAPv2 combo with freeradius. I modified
> EAP-MSCHAPv2 rlm to use a weird password store system

  You should do that ONLY if the password store does MS-CHAP.

  Otherwise, you should write a module to pull the password from the
store, and let FreeRADIUS do the rest.

> There is no error but I never see this output on access-accept sent to
> BRAS. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to achieve this?

  As Phil said, you need to set "use_tunneled_reply" in the PEAP module.

  Or, since you're already hacking the code, just access
request->parent->reply directly.