Now we've gone completely insane

Josh Howlett Josh.Howlett at ja.net
Fri Nov 8 18:43:00 CET 2013

What is BFP? A google search for "bfp protocol" yields results describing
in-vitro fertilisation...

Josh.

On 08/11/2013 17:39, "Alan DeKok" <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>  In the "master" branch, we now have two new protocols.
>
>ARP:
>
>https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/sites-av
>ailable/arp
>
>BFD:
>
>https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/sites-av
>ailable/bfd
>

>  We've been using BFD in customer sites for primary / secondary
>failover detection.  It's weird, but useful.  After 18 months, we've now
>made it public.
>
>  ARP was done "just 'cause".
>
>  i.e. adding a new protocol to the server is now trivial:
>
>$ wc -l src/modules/proto_arp/*.c
>     318 src/modules/proto_arp/proto_arp.c
>

>  If anyone wants to add a schema for ARP, and implement the detection
>rules from "arpwatch", that would be welcome. :)
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>-
>List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See
>http://www.freeradius.org/list/devel.html

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238