freeradius 3.0.0 fails to start on ppc64 and s390 architectures

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Nov 14 15:43:07 CET 2013

John Dennis wrote:
> No compiler warnings. I also did a Coverity scan of the source tree and
> although a number of warnings were reported this issue was not detected.

  We run Coverity scans daily on the source.  All of the issues it
currently finds are either false positive, or weird edge conditions.
(i.e. didn't free memory just before exit)

  We've been in touch with the Coverity people since day 1 of their open
source scan project.  We were part of a presentation they did at
Linuxcon in Edinburgh last month.  Their comment was that we have a very
low defect density.