freeradius 2.2.1 release date?

Bruce Bauman bbauman at oit.rutgers.edu
Tue Oct 1 17:05:25 CEST 2013

We want to modify our FreeRadius (2.2.x) configuration such that the username is always converted to all lower case, both for authentication and accounting.

In policy.conf we defined:

rewrite_username_lowercase {
        update request {
            User-Name := "%{tolower:%{User-Name}}"

And then at the beginning of the accounting and authorize sections we "call" rewrite_username_lowercase. This seems to work: JohnSmith -> johnsmith in both our authorization and accounting.

Is there a better place to do this such that it's only done in one place and affects the username globally?

Thanks.

-- Bruce