Problem with custom accounting module.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 22 18:56:02 CEST 2014

Bill Schoolfield wrote:
> Wow, nice gesture. I'd love that but not an option, unless we provide
> the source to our library and that of course is proprietary.

  That's not entirely how the GPL works.  It doesn't require you to
distribute your proprietary code.  It gives you permission to distribute
the GPL code, only if the GPL conditions are met.

  For a more in-depth explanation, see:

https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/v3.0.x/src/modules/rlm_securid

  We ship source code for a SecurID module with FreeRADIUS.  The
*binary* SecurID module can't be distributed by us, RedHat, Debian, etc.