Request about implementation of alternate authentication mechanism in freeradius

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Apr 29 15:15:46 CEST 2014

On 29 Apr 2014, at 13:44, Michal Vymazal <Michal.Vymazal at cesnet.cz> wrote:

> Dear all
>
> We are going to append binary code to some ldap modules

Guessing you mean patching the src, rather than going in their with a hex editor...

> - the goal is to
> enable ldap to use "alternate passwords" for some ldap entries. Means,
> every app using ldap bind will can use "alternate passwords" to verify
> the user access. Useful for the environment of mobile devices etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?

Surely the attribute for LDAP bind is determined by the LDAP server not FreeRADIUS?

If you mean retrieving the values of multiple passwords attributes you can already do that in 2.x.x and 3.x.x?

> My question is - does the freeradius team think about the implementation
> of this feature to the official freeradius binary code?

Maybe if you can explain it a bit better.

FreeRADIUS Development Team