3.0.x HEAD crashing

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Wed Jun 18 13:54:40 CEST 2014

On 18-06-14 13:37, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
> On 18 Jun 2014, at 12:32, Herwin Weststrate <herwin at quarantainenet.nl> wrote:
>> On 18-06-14 13:04, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>> On 18 Jun 2014, at 11:49, Herwin Weststrate <herwin at quarantainenet.nl> wrote:
>>>> On 18-06-14 11:21, Herwin Weststrate wrote:
>>>>> On 18-06-14 11:10, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>>>>>> On 18 Jun 2014, at 10:08, Herwin Weststrate <herwin at quarantainenet.nl> wrote:
>>>>>>> I've got a very similar crash with a nearly vanilla config. Logging and
>>>>>>> backtrace of it can be found at
>>>>>>> https://gist.github.com/qnet-herwin/8444b0f2e9304b9432a3
>>>>>>> Got this error with 3.0.x (5187f6729b5ff51c5b10f3c4c8bd3da5db72e07b),
>>>>>>> with two simple changes to the config: disable the ssl check (debian)
>>>>>>> and enable the user bob from the users file, with the attribute
>>>>>>> Reply-Message. Then a simple PAP authentication attempt (even with a
>>>>>>> wrong password) crashes the server.
>>>>>> No, that's different and with older code. Could you run v3.0.x and see
>>>>>> if it still occurs.
>>>>> This is the current HEAD of v3.0.x, did you mean to ask running it from
>>>>> master?
>>>> Master actually gives a very similar message:
>>>> https://gist.github.com/qnet-herwin/98cda58811f50a21f815
>>> Ok, fixed. This was actually a separate issue but uncovered by adding more
>>> sanity checking code.
>> Something has changed, but I'm still experiencing crashes, with a
>> slightly different failed message this time:
>> https://gist.github.com/qnet-herwin/e7735052a8d9ba25434c. The dump is
>> made with v3.0.x, master has similar issues. I cut away some of the
>> logs, since the null_context in talloc holds quite a bit of information
>> (like the complete configuration, and tons of rbtrees.
> Yeah it won't usually print that unless the chunk was parented directly from
> the null context.
> Sorry about that... simple fix (git pull).

Getting compile errors now for master:
https://gist.github.com/qnet-herwin/62ee17b7342479c3a9fc. v3.0.x
compiles (but haven't had the chance to test it yet)

> On a positive note that diagnostic output is starting to look quite nice :)

Have to agree to that.

Herwin Weststrate

More information about the Freeradius-Devel mailing list