segfault with 3.0.3 on rhel 6.5

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri May 16 15:29:12 CEST 2014

On 16 May 2014, at 14:03, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at IMPERIAL.AC.UK> wrote:

> On 16/05/14 13:28, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>>> I've added a line to the build matrix to build with -O2 and various env
>>> variables which enabled extra checks in Malloc. Hopefully one of those
>>> things will catch this sort of stupidity in future.
>
> M_CHECK_ACTION=3 might be of interest too. But M_PERTURB is definitely a good "devel" action to have on.

done.

MALLOC_CHECK_ACTION_ was already on for a travis build. I didn't add it to debug.c because of the performance
hit, but I guess if you have --enable-developer on then you don't care about performance.

Just a reminder if you're building from git and are using FreeRADIUS in performance critical situations
you must pass --disable-developer to the configure script.

There are significant numbers of extra memory checks which which will harm performance.

FreeRADIUS Development Team