FYI, FreeRADIUS in Debian Jessie upgraded to 2.2.5

Sam Hartman hartmans at mit.edu
Wed Oct 15 09:11:16 CEST 2014

Hi.
I just wanted to let folks here know that the FreeRADIUS in Debian
Jessie (what will become Debian 8.0 1q2015) has been upgraded to version
2.2.5 from 2.1.12.

A backport of version 2.2.5 has been submitted for Debian Wheezy (7.0).
After that is approved (I'd expect within a small number of days), you
can direct Debian users to install 2.2.5 from backports if they are
having trouble and the thought of debugging FreeRADIUS 2.1.12 does not
fill you with joy.
See http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/ for information on how a
user can enable backports.

I'll let the list know when FreeRADIUS 2.2.5 enters wheezy-backports.