What's the policy on adding attributes to VS dictionaries that are never sent over the wire?

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Fri Oct 24 20:05:29 CEST 2014

Hi Alan,

I've created pull request https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/pull/820 for the policy (that sets the attribute).

I thought it best not to assume and just create an attribute in dictionary.freeradius.internal. The attribute is called Use-Outer-Reply.

If you want to dispense with the policy and set that attribute in code instead, feel free to reject the request. :-)

Thanks very much :-)

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238

>> they may be in use by other policies in the deployer's policies, so a specific attribute for this would suffice.
>  Send it over and we'll add it to the internal dictionaries.

Excellent. Shall do. It may then also be useful to other policies (like cui) that have a similar problem.

:-)