Compound problems with 3.0.10 build

Sam Hartman hartmans at
Wed Dec 2 19:45:11 CET 2015

I've been having trouble building 3.0.10.  I traced it down to a couple
of badly interacting things.

IN 2b77b7e830222d0192f42efe66cae38f061aa34c two files were
introduced in directories that have an
I don't understand why that commit is a good idea as configure will
generate those files.

Unfortunately, if building from git, it's very easy to get into a
situation where make things the files are out-of-date immediately after
a fresh configure.  So as part of make it will try and reconfigure those
So because we checked in files we end up building them twice
instead of 0 times.

Except it's worse than that because of the logic in makefile for getting

If you run configure like so,

./configure LDFLAGS='-L/usr/local/moonshot/lib

Then the logic for extracting the configure arguments misses the
interior quotes.
So you end up rerunning configure like
./configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/moonshot/lib

and that second configure line doesn't work as well as you might hope.

I think extracting configure_args from the  AC_CS_CONFIG setting in
config.status might work much better.


More information about the Freeradius-Devel mailing list