Possibilities for using winbind libs with Samba < 4.2.1

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Tue Dec 8 15:24:00 CET 2015

On 08-12-15 15:02, Matthew Newton wrote:
> Yes, by adding the patches in that bug report. Should apply easily
> to all 4.x versions.

Well, that would defy my (unwritten) purpose of keeping the system as
much debian-stock as possible. Instead of recompiling a 4.1.something
with those changes, I could as well use a more recent version of Samba
directly (which would probably be less work).

> It won't work without those patches (i.e. you can't change FR to
> call wbcAuthenticateUserEx) ...

Then I won't try to waste my time on trying that. Thanks for the info

--
Herwin Weststrate