ntlm_auth improvements

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 16:22:15 CET 2015

Hi,

> We're starting to see a trickle of auth problems again. Our huge
> uplift in server performance and extensive tweaking had apparently
> just pushed the boundary back, not solved the problem.

we invested in EAP-TLS this year - so the PEAP crush is less of an issue
(over 60% of clients are now EAP-TLS but clients configured over past years
are still PEAP until they have issues and the users get their devices reconfigured).

however, this performance improvement is still of interest - and there are
some subtle tweaks that can be done to improve the ntlm_auth (and Cisco wireless
controller) behaviour

> So I can confirm we're interested in running with this code. I'll
> probably patch it in locally if it doesn't make it into 3.0.x

Its likely to go into 3.0.x - its 2.2.x thats not likely to be touched

alan