Another leak: tls_new_client_session

Sam Hartman hartmans at mit.edu
Tue Mar 3 23:07:36 CET 2015

hi.

3.0.7 also seems to be leaking client proxy ssl state.

First, where does SSL_free get called for the ssl created in
tls_new_client_session?  It seems that a talloc destructor is used for
tls_new_session, but I don't see the logic that causes the session state
to be freed for  client sessions?
Is there a missing set_destructor call?

Secondly, I seem to be getting tls_new_client_session objects leaking
some of the time.  Causing errors like killing the process on the other
end of the connection makes it more likely.  I'm judging this because I
do have a few sessions allocated on tls.c line 219 still around even
after I've shut down the home server that the tls_session was for.

Why is the TLS client session hanging off the configuration talloc
context not a socket context of some kind?