regular expression error in 3.0.x not present in 3.0.6

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Mar 5 23:32:29 CET 2015

On Mar 5, 2015, at 3:52 PM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:
>>  The v3.0.x branch should be compatible with the 3.0.6 config.
>
> should be...but I think the issue is that if you upgrade a 3.0.5 or 3.0.6 (for example) to 3.0.7 then the configs
> arent touched and the latest option "correct_escapes = true" wont be defined in the config
> if its breaking peoples settings then the default behaviour needs to be the 'old way' if it
> isnt defined in the config (?)

  The upgrades shouldn’t break peoples configurations.  We do a fair amount of testing to be sure this is true.

  Whatever the value of “correct_escapes”, so long as you don’ change it, it’s fine.

  The problem comes with people using the fixed escaping style, and setting “correct_escapes = false”.  I’m not sure how that happens, but it’s wrong.