regular expression error in 3.0.x not present in 3.0.6

Aaron Hurt ahurt at ena.com
Fri Mar 6 17:25:34 CET 2015

The regexp will not compile with just 2 backslashes it seems to translate \\ to \ (correct) and then escapes out the following ] (not correct)

Things do work however with 4 backslashes \\\\ in the policy.d configuration and oddly enough it also works with 3 backslashes \\\ … am I missing something here as to how correct_escapes is supposed to function?

This isn’t really an issue as I can make it work and get the expected behavior.

with correct_escapes = true

In policy.d file:

simple_nt_regexp = "^([^\\]*)\\(.*)$”

In radiusd -X output:

/etc/raddb/policy.d/strip-user-domain[9]: Invalid regular expression:
/etc/raddb/policy.d/strip-user-domain[9]: ^([^\]*)\(.*)$
/etc/raddb/policy.d/strip-user-domain[9]:               ^ Pattern compilation failed: missing terminating ] for character class