Another leak: tls_new_client_session

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Mar 6 21:41:58 CET 2015

On Mar 6, 2015, at 12:50 PM, Stefan Paetow <Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Between 17:34 and 17:40, using the --trace-origins=yes setting in valgrind, RSS grew from 265220 to 290064... Dunno if this is valgrind specifically that's blowing up memory usage so spectacularly, but the trend I'm seeing every time I do the ps check is similar to what we've seen before.
>
> I'll check again later (I'm heading home now), and keep you in the loop.

  It’s still hard to see what’s going on, because nothing is cleaned up.  How are you stopping the server?  CTRL-C?

  Can you set up a control socket, and use “radmin -e terminate” to stop the server?  That should cause it to exit cleanly.  Then, *only* leaked memory should show up on valgrind.

  If nothing shows up there, then the memory is being tracked, but not cleaned up on time.