Another leak: tls_new_client_session

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at jisc.ac.uk
Sat Mar 7 16:54:41 CET 2015

>>  Can you set up a control socket, and use ³radmin -e terminate² to stop
>>the server?  That should cause it to exit cleanly.  Then, *only* leaked
>>memory should show up on valgrind.
>I'll run the once-a-minute test overnight (11 hours) and pull the valgrind
>log over tomorrow morning.

Hi Alan,

You should now have a valgrind-once-a-min-plus-socket-proxy-shutdown.out
log. One thing I noticed that did not occur in other runs is that FR shuts
down the socket proxy in this, and then cleans it up. Between the last run
and me terminating FR with the control socket, the RSS grew by just under
100MB. Is it possible that it's the socket proxy that's losing memory?

Just a thought.

Stefan Paetow
Moonshot Industry & Research Liaison Coordinator

t: +44 (0)1235 822 125
gpg: 0x3FCE5142
xmpp: stefanp at jabber.dev.ja.net
skype: stefan.paetow.janet

jisc.ac.uk

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT
No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc’s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower
Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.

Jisc Collections and Janet Ltd. is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a
company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company
No. number 2881024, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is:
Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0SG. T
01235 822200.