directory prefix in freeradius-devel vs. include

Eran Pasternak eran.pasternak at forescout.com
Tue Oct 20 16:39:12 CEST 2015

Hello,

I'm developing FR which is not installed in the standard location. Specifically raddb dir is not the default so when running radclient (and other applications) I have to add its location (with the '-d' flag). This is required even though the compilation is configured with the appropriate @prefix@ for this location. I noticed that radclient.c (and others) use h files from 'freeradius-devel' and not 'include'. Now in the 'include' dir 'build-radpaths-h' uses my configured prefix while in 'freeradius-devel' it doesn't which is obviously the reason why the prefix have no effect for radclient. I couldn't find a way to make the configure script or whatever to place the prefix in 'freeradius-devel' as well. Bottom line is why are these two separate directories which are identical (aside from the paths)? And how to "convey" the prefix to the files in 'freeradius-devel'.

Thank you,
Eran

WARNING - CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
The information contained in the e-mail may contain confidential and privileged information and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). Access for any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in regard and reliance upon this e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.