freeradius3: filling vp_strvalue for INTEGER attributes - off by default?

Boris Lytochkin lytboris at yandex-team.ru
Fri Feb 26 13:46:39 CET 2016

Hi.

We have a module that used to work in with freeradius 2.1. It has the following code:

if ((vp = pairfind(request->packet->vps, PW_NAS_PORT_TYPE)) != NULL && strcmp((char const *)vp->vp_strvalue, "Wireless-802.11") == 0)

In freeradius 2.1 (and configuration it had) was initialized with actual string value of this attribute, in freeradius 3.0 vp_strvalue is not initialized (causing module to crush of course). I know it
is the the best to check integer value but still..

I am curious if anybody know is this a intended code change or it is a glitch in my 3.0 configuration?

--
Boris Lytochkin
Yandex NOC