peap/eap change in 3.0.x with inner_eap_module now required

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 19 21:43:21 CET 2016

On Jan 19, 2016, at 3:39 PM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm probably fairly unusual in having an eap instantiation (two
> even) that's not called "eap".

  I've done some more spelunking, and calling the "eap" module is only done when it's proxying the inner-tunnel EAP data.  I've pushed fixes which convert the error into a WARNING, which won't break existing configurations.

> TBH I've never quite got my head around why there is e.g.
>
>  Auth-Type pap {
>    pap
>  }
>
> for everything else, and just
>
>  eap
>
> for the eap module. I've always guessed that if the correct
> Auth-Type section is set then it uses that section, otherwise it
> just goes an calls all modules not in a named section in order (as
> in authorize) and hopes that something picks it up?

  It doesn't make much difference.

	Auth-Type pap {
		pap
	}

  is the same as just

	pap

  BUT  using the Auth-Type wrapper lets you put policies into the section:

	Auth-Type back_door {
		if ((User-Name == "bob") && (User-Password == "bob")) {
			accept
		}
		else {
			pap