Accessing %{client:...} in C custom module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Mar 2 14:25:27 CET 2016

On Mar 2, 2016, at 1:54 AM, Boris Lytochkin <lytboris at yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> Alan, you would never have to mention Code of Conduct some days before in freeradius-users@ maillist if you follow it yourself. All these lunges (there are 3 "hey, stupid"s in your e-mail I am replying to) do not help to solve any of the problems. Maillists are for helping each other, not to tell other people that they are idiots from your point of view. Please ignore this message completely if you do not want to help. Thanks.

  As I said earlier... complaining about people helping you is not acceptable.

  To be clear:  If you're writing a module in C, it is expected that you know how to use C.  You should know how to look at C header files.  You should know how to debug programs.

  In addition, if you're writing a module... you should contribute it back to the project so that everyone else can use it, too.  If you're not going to contribute it back, then it's *your* module, and *your* problem to fix.

>>   Is request a valid pointer?  Is request->client a valid pointer?  Is request->client->cs a valid pointer?
> Yes they are all valid.

  But the pointer is pointing to garbage memory.  That doesn't sound like it's valid to me.

> As we agreed in some other thread, I would send a pull-request on that so someone would not have to spend much time for digging whole FreeRADIUS sources for this purpose in future.

  If you're going to write a proprietary module and not contribute it back... then it's *your* module.