Upcoming changes to 4.0

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Sep 2 19:11:18 CEST 2016

On Sep 2, 2016, at 11:32 AM, Matthew Newton <mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk> wrote:

> Slightly related to this, not entirely shelving v3.1.x for the
> time being would be good, just to give something that's got more
> features than v3.0.x but still works and is pretty stable. (This
> may be as easy as not rejecting the odd pull request against it
> every now and then for the time being.)

  Yes.  I'm happy with bug fixes being pulled into v3.1.x, so long as I don't have to do it.

> Also means module development for 4.0 has somewhere stable to be
> tested in by more than a couple of people.

  True.  The current module API won't change much for 4.0.

> I never managed to look at originate CoA yet - but having a module
> to do this that can be called as-and-when rather than being fixed
> in the server core sounds much more sensible.

  Yes.

  Want to send accounting packets to 2 destinations?

recv Accounting-Request {
	radius_client_1
	radius_client_2

  Complex configurations become much, much, easier.  The downside is that as with v1 -> v2, simple configurations become more complex.

> Nice! Project should rename to " Free* ", of course.

  We already have a name, a web site (empty for now), and a logo.

>> Wish me luck. :)
>
> Sounds like you're going to need it!!
>
> Have fun.

  Thanks.