[freeradius 3.0.14] Issue on close and reopen file at reload

Geaaru geaaru at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:57:07 CEST 2017

Hi guys,

I installed yesterday version 3.0.14 but I found a strange issue.

I configured my server to use linelog module to trace radius packets
but I see only now that when is called reload (SIGHUP) for logrotate
linelog continue to write on moved file and not correctly file.
While on correct log I see classic message

Thu Aug 24 09:54:37 2017 : Info: Received HUP signal
Thu Aug 24 09:54:37 2017 : Info: HUP - No files changed.  Ignoring

linelog module continue to write to old file.

This means that when old file is compressed on next logrotate
freeradius server go in SEGFAULT.

Linelog module write a lot of message so could be a concurrency problem
on handle SIGHUP but this issue is not present on previous installed
version 3.0.8.

Is there an open issue about this? I remember that this problem was
happens already in the past.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

G.